Every year, large trucks (known as tractor-trailers or “semis”) cause many thousands of accidents. Some are minor, but many cause serious injuries and even death.
There are many causes of trucking accidents. Some of the most common include:
• Driver fatigue.
• The truck driver has not been trained properly.
• The truck driver is impaired by drugs or alcohol.
• The driver fails to recognize road and environmental conditions.
• The driver is speeding.
• The driver is not checking his mirrors properly.
• The driver fails to react properly to a situation.
• The trucking company has installed unsafe equipment.
• The trucking company has not maintained the truck properly.
• The trucking company did not load the truck correctly.
• The driver, or the trucking company, is not following the federal trucking laws and regulations.
• The brakes are not adequate or properly adjusted.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you should immediately seek legal advice. You can contact us for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation, and we will help you analyze your options.